Disclaimer: The information below is meant for instructional purposes only and should not be understood to constitute financial advice. Always be sure to protect your personal information and log-in information for any accounts.
These instructions are written for an individual that does not have a cryptocurrency exchange account, does not own cryptocurrency, and has never bought an NFT via OpenSea.
If you own cryptocurrency, have utilized OpenSea and are simply looking for instructions on how to move ETH to the Polygon blockchain, you can skip to Step 3 or review this instructional guide from OpenSea.
Detailed Step-by-Step Instructions:
1) Create a Cryptocurrency Wallet
Go to the extensions feature of your web browser (we recommend Google Chrome) and download a cryptocurrency wallet and go through the sign-up process
Various cryptocurrency wallets exist, here are two we like:
Once set-up, go to the “Account” or “Show Wallet Address” button on your wallet extension and copy your wallet number (you’ll be using this number later to put ETH in your wallet)
Be sure to not log out of your wallet extension
2) Obtain Cryptocurrency
In your Chrome web browser, go to and create an account with a cryptocurrency exchange and add payment method
Various cryptocurrency exchanges exist, here are a few we like:
Keep in mind that there are others available!
Once you’ve set up your wallet, select the amount of “ETH” you’d like to buy (due to transaction “GAS” fees on the Ethereum network, you’ll need to buy more ETH than the amount you intend to spend on an NFT)
When the ETH is available in your exchange account, use the “Send” option in your exchange app to send ETH to the cryptocurrency wallet you just created by pasting the account number for your wallet you just created in the destination box
Finalize sending ETH to your wallet, it should arrive in a few minutes
3) Buy NFTs
1.In your web browser go to the “NFT Shop” section on the Draftly website
2. Click on the athlete whose NFT you’d like to buy
3. Clicking on the athlete’s NFT will send you to the OpenSea NFT Marketplace (the largest NFT Marketplace)
4. Once in the OpenSea Marketplace, you’ll notice the athlete’s NFTs you’re looking to buy, but first you’ll need to move some ETH to the Polygon Blockchain
To do so:
1. Click on the wallet icon in the upper right corner
2. Multiple wallet icons will appear, pick the icon of the wallet you’re using
3. Your wallet will then sync and you’ll notice the ETH in your wallet
4. Click on the three dots to the right of your wallet and click “Bridge to Polygon”
5. Select the amount of ETH you’d like to bridge to Polygon (you’ll need to send slightly more than the amount you intend to spend on NFTs due to Ethereum network fees)
6. Accept the transaction to complete the bridging process (this will usually take ~15 minutes for your account to update on OpenSea)
Why are we doing all of this to bridge to Polygon?
1. Due to the Ethereum blockchain’s popularity, transaction “GAS” fees of buying NFTs there are incredibly high — often more expensive than the cost of the NFT you want to buy
2. GAS fees on Polygon are much lower (we’re helping you save money!), but to buy NFTs on this blockchain, there’s a small, one-time fee paid to the Ethereum network (not Draftly!) to move your ETH
Once your ETH has been bridged to Polygon and is in your account, you’re ready to buy and bid on NFTs
To do so:
1. Go to the NFT you’d like to purchase or bid on
2. Click on the NFT and select either buy now or place a bid on an NFT
3. If you purchase the NFT immediately, your NFT will load into “Profile” section of your OpenSea account